Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Vacation... Puerto Rico!

Hello,
First, let me start by telling you something...
I came back from this vacation with 12 extra pounds!!!!
I mean, could you blame me?!?! 
I needed to eat as many tostones as I could, before heading back to Kimchi land. 
Back in Korea, they don't even know what Plantains are. Back when I was living in Puerto Rico, I didn't have them too often, (as they are fried) but when you can't get it, that's when you want it. 





The pretty things you stop noticing when you see them all the time.



OMG... Mi amiguita Laura & her hubs made some tostones de pana" for me...<3


Chicharrones!!!!!
They do have Chicharrones in Korea, but they are not the same, at least for me. : P


One of the first things we did when we landed, was go to Bebo's Cafe in Calle Loiza. We had to! There's no way I'm gonna go to PR and not have a mofongo.


& the mariquitas, of course....



Next day, went to where they make the best fried fish in San Juan. This little kiosko is by the Fish Market inside el Parque Central. THE BEST! 




The best part of the trip was having this lady around...

We love you Carmen Gloria Garcia De Jesus! <3 : )




And we headed up to Guayabotas... Ummmjummm.... tan campo adentro que te guaya las botas. : )

And we went to see my Abuela. 


And she made Yummy Guanimes for me : )...

And Marky went nuts...




The joy, that "climbing a mountain" could give this kid...


He "explored"... He said; "Mommy, we're in the Jungle!"... 
Who is this City boy I'm raising?!?!?!  : D


And he went craaaaazy with Abuelo Guito and his tractor...


And he finally made peace with sand...


My sunshine... : )




He grew out of not linking the sand, but he wanted nothing to do with the water...


As close as he got from it...


Nice tropical weather = a lot of outside time...


Cutie pie <3






The pretty things...


Que tu me dices a miiiiii!!!!!!...Finally!!!! The Condado Bridge is all done!!!! 

And I stocked up with all the goods I can't find here. I'm sure the girl at the supermarket was totally weirded out by the ridiculous amount of Sazon I got. And when there was no more Goya, I got Knorr. 



The first time in my life I get dried beans. I can't believe it. I not only now make my own sofrito, but I'm also soaking beans... a seriously tedious process. Trust me, if I could find canned here easily, I wouldn't do this at all.


Cereal for Olivia. Hopefully enough for a year, this boxes are $15 here... la locura.

We saw all the people we love, we ate good food, we had fun.
There was a lot of love & hugs. We also had some of the not so fun goodbyes. 

After arriving back in Seoul, my mother asks me: "how did it feel being there?". If I am honest with all of you... I am home. 
I adore Puerto Rico. I miss my Mom like crazy, my friends,  the beach. But right now, here is where my home is, and I am happy. I realized, I could literally live at the end of the world (wich I am pretty close to), and I will always choose to be happy. : )

xoxo
T.

***I already lost 10 of those 12lb... I guess Kimchi is not my thing.... : )
  



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Saludos calurosos desde PR...Me llamo Samaris y hoy por primera vez vi tu pagina y me gusto un montón... realmente me gusta el hecho de que compartas con otros tu felicidad y tu aventura en Corea del Sur!!! En este post Lo mas sorprendida que me dejo fue que visitaras Guayabotas! Pues no se si es el mismo de mi pueblo Yabucoa pero nunca esta demás preguntar. Desde hoy seguire la pagina y dare mi apoyo incondicional ya que me gusto mucho tu forma de contarnos lo que pasa a tu alrededor... Sobre todo bendiciones para ti, tus nenes y tu esposo...seguire leyendo tu blog... xoxox

Tania said...

Gracias, que linda! : ) Y SiIII! Yo soy de Yabucoa y casi toda mi familia vive en Guayabotas : )

margier said...

Hi I love your blog...I get your blog cause now into it Korean soup opera como dicen novelas .....si puedes hablar mas de Korea seria interesante