Friday, April 6, 2012

Dari was here!

The title of this post reminds me of when I was in school and we used to write our name (if you did) on the restroom door, a bench or at the school desk... Tania was here!.... Sorry, just having a lame flashback moment...

Let's just say, somewhere in Seoul it says;
Dari was here... 4 / 1 / 12 
: )


In another time and maybe being in another situation, I probably would take a visit of a friend for granted. Not now, not anymore.
I had sooooo much fun! who wouldn't with "The Dari"...

As you would imagine, we did the touristy things and went around a bit...  well, as much as having two small ones and no sitter allowed us to. 


And she met Olivia...


And Olivia met her...

Korean Folk Village

And we did the touristy stuff...




Korean Folk Village

Gyeongbok Palace

Gyeongbok Palace

We went to the Gyeongbok Palace...



We had already gone to the palace, but we didn't go inside the museum. The time we came here, we did it alone on the first visit we made to Seoul just Sean and me. 







I would love to tell you more about the things I took photos of, but truth is, with small children there is not much time for reading. 


I could lie and tell you, the captions on these where all in Korean... I won't... I didn't read it! : /


 Hopefully one of our kids will turn out to be more interested in History than us. I do enjoy looking at these. I won't forget the image, but I won't read the whole caption. I admire people that do... good for you. And I admire even more, the people that can remember any of it, after they do.


Like on this one ↑... 
Markus told me; "look Mommy is a really cool boat"... 
I say; "It is Marky, it sure is a REALLY cool boat"...
Then Sean jumps in; "Sure it is...... to HEAVEN "... 
lol...
It's a coffin... Or so he says, I didn't see him reading it either... :P

I probably shouldn't laugh about this, but seriously, our life in a movie, would totally be a comedy...lol

Truth is, I tried googling it after, to write the right stuff, but I didn't really find anything useful. It is very hard to google Korean info. If you want a get the right answer here, you have to use another search engine, Naver. But guess what, it is all in Korean. 





Gyeongbok Palace


These ⬇ pictures where taken in the cute street I posted about once here...
I still don't know the name of this street or this area, but it is still one of my favorite places here. You can find the coolest alleys and most curious things here. 





We couldn't really walk much around here.... a meltdown kinda' situation : )

❁ ✼ ❁ ✼ ❁ ✼❁ ✼ ❁

& guess what?!?!?!?! 

I MADE IT!!!!!! 

I finally made it to the Dongdaemun Market!!!


Dongdaemun is a market divided in five shopping districts, a shopping town, and 26 shopping malls in over 10 blocks, 30,000 specialty shops and 50,000 manufacturers. 
Can you imagine.... We only saw ONE building!

Dongdaemun

It was not as busy as I would have imagined it to be. 

Dongdaemun



There was a ride in a box, on the sidewalk⇡! You could hear the people inside screaming. We also saw a lot of fortune tellers ⬇. 



Doosan @ Dongdaemun

There is not one thing you wouldn't find here!

Inside Doosan Tower

We just got to see the Doosan Tower. This buildig is aimed for the general public and at retail prices. A lot of young designers... I wish I would've known about this when we had the store... sigh... Some cool things, some Ehhhh... not so much.
There where a lot of "Chinatown-like" things too...  

Each floor went on for EVER. There where about 5 or 6 other floors, we didn't get to see. I think I got a headache from seeing too many things. Your eyes don't get a break. There is no empty spaces, in every single corner there is stuff hanging. 

I am so happy I got to finally go to Dongdaemun. And I am so happy to have experienced it with a friend! I must have made her dizzy with the all the talking I did! hahaha.... 

Thank you Dari, for spending some of your time here, with us. We will hopefully see you again pretty soon! : )


Like I said in my FB page; "Korea was definitely funner having a Boricua around! : )

Laters'
xoxo
T. : )






No comments: